CBD is an amazing cannabinoid. It’s benefits and minimal side effects make it a great natural choice. We have many customers that come to us, as they have no idea how much to take or what effect it will have on them. Taking CBD for the first time can naturally lead to many questions. Here is what you should know before getting started.
CBD will not make you feel high or strange in any way at minimal dosages. It will make you feel relaxed, more focused and less stressed. It can also alleviate pain and inflammation. CBD can work to increase the body’s production of Gaba and Serotonin – two essential ‘feel good’ neurotransmitters. This can lead to a feeling of wellbeing and content.
First time taking CBD advice
Here’s our advice in a nutshell:
- Start with a low dosage. You can always adjust your dosage later. Start out with 15-30mg twice a day for at least a week before adjusting your dosage. Why? Because 15-30mg may be enough for you, but if you don’t start low you will never know.
- Always check your current medications (if you are taking any) to see if they could potential interact with CBD. For example, specific antibiotics cannot be taken with CBD. CBD can lower your blood pressure so this could potentially be an issue if you already have low blood pressure.
- Always choose a company that has verified reviews and Lab Certificate of Analysis on their website on in their store. This way you can be assured that the product you are taking has been tested and that it contains the amount of CBD on the label.
- If you can, choose a company like Hempstrax, that uses all natural ingredients. Also, it is better to use a product that is made with organically grown CBD distillate or isolate.
- If you are nervous about taking CBD that contains THC, opt for a product that is THC free. Broad Spectrum and Isolate products should not contain THC.
- If you are concerned about ingesting CBD, you can always opt for a topical or a balm. Bath bombs are another great way to go. The skin is the largest organ, and it is responsible for detoxification. CBD can be a great additive to a hot bath. A topical product is a great path for your first time taking CBD.
New to CBD?
While the FDA has not approved many of the CBD products on the market today, it has deemed to be safe. The FDA has only approved one medication containing CBD and it is an anti-seizure medication called Epiodilex.
CBD is considered a supplement as it is very safe to take. It is extracted from the hemp plant, and it generally contains very low levels of THC. To be sold federally it must comply with the Farm Bill of 2018 and contain no more than 0.3% THC.
The Endocannabinoid System is an essential part of our body. It regulates many things like sleep, stress, appetite, and hormones just to name a few. It is important to ensure that the Endocannabinoid System is supplied with cannabinoids.
CBD can be beneficial for numerous ailments, but it can work differently with each person. It’s important to take time to work out which kind of CBD and which dosage works for you.